- Age: Maximum 22 years, affidavit not acceptable.
- Educational qualification: SSC (science) & HSC (science) min GPA 3.5 in both. Min GPA 3.5 both in Physics & Mathematics in HSC. Min GPA 3.0 in English in HSC or IELTS score 5.5. ‘A’ Level- at least grade C seperately in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. ‘O’ Level- at least grade C seperately in 5 subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English.
- Physical fitness: Good physique & health is a must. Height: Minimum 5’.4″ Weight: corresponding to BMI Eye-sight: Nautical 6/6, Engineering 6/18.normal color vision.
- Swimming: Required
- Marital status: Unmarried
- Nationality: Bangladeshi
- Selection of cadets is made through five stages, namely:
1.Written examination 320 marks MCQ, time 2 hours
a) Physics : 50 MCQ, Marks 80, Time 30 minutes
b) Math : 50 MCQ, Marks 80, Time 30 minutes
c) English : 50 MCQ, Marks 80, Time 30 minutes
d) Genaral Knowledge : 50 MCQ, Marks 80, Time 30 minutes.
2. Periliminary physical Fitness & Swimming
3. Interviews (Viva-voce)
4. Special eye sight and color vision test
5. Medical Examination